Monday 27 October 2014

Colour my World - Fuji Pro 160C


I always like to experiment with different films, comparing colour, grain etc; gives me a much better idea of what to use in different circumstances.

This film has turned out great and I am very happy with its' colour representation.  In the majority of photos it has a lovely soft fine grain.

One thing that I love about shooting with film is its' ability to deal with wide exposure situations.  In the photo taken at Newcastle Beach, the exposure is very even considering the reflection off the sand and brightness of the sky.

I am impressed with the sharpness of this film; especially with the photo of the boat taken at f5.6 for a shallow DOF.

I have been experimenting with long exposure photos from my film.  I am still not sure about this on film.  As you can see on the long exposure photo here, it really brings out the grain.  Now usually I don't mind grain but for this photo it just hasn't done it for me.  Water taken on a long exposure shot should be perfectly smooth or misty.  Perhaps I am spoiled by the dynamic range on long exposure shots from my digital camera.  Anyway, I will keep experimenting with them.  Perhaps they are something that should be shot in B&W rather than colour or, maybe on a slower film like ISO50 that theoretically has an even finer grain?  (Aha - another project coming on!)

It took me about 2 months to finish off this roll of 36.  I enjoy my photography but when I shoot a roll of film I slow right down and savour the challenge of composition and settings!

This film was shot using my Konica-Minolta Dynax 40 (Maxxum).  If you would like to see some more photos taken with this camera visit my Konica-Minolta Dynax 40 album on G+.

Hope you are all well.  Thanks for visiting!


The photos on this post are for sale. Contact me if you are interested.

The photos on this blog are Copyright Life with Jordy Photography and may not be used without permission.


Tied up at Kilaben Bay, Lake Macquarie.

Newcastle Now!  Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Newcastle Beach, Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Sidewalk Cafe. Bolton Street, Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Long Exposure at Coal Point, Australia

Waves Crashing at the Bogey Hole, Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...