Thursday 24 March 2011

Barneys’ got a Nose for Mushy Peas!!

 

Kasey had a short course on tonight in town and, because she has not picked up her new car as yet, Kim & I drove her in, with Rhiannan also, and had a very informal dinner at Harrys’ Cafe de Wheels on the Newcastle Foreshore.   We took Barney along with us for the  experience.    There we were sitting at the bench seat about to tuck into a lovely beef pie with mash and mushy peas and gravy when, all of a sudden…….Barney jumps up with his front feet on the table and sinks his mouth into my mushy peas and mash!!

It all happened so quick I was gobsmacked but then we just all burst out laughing!   Barney had a fun night but was a little apprehensive about so many people about on the foreshore.   He was very intrigued by the trains going backwards and forwards, often just stopping dead and watching them intently!  We want to take him out more often so he can get used to all those things going on around him.

We took him to the beach for the first time on Tuesday.   He lovP3100069ed it; there were so many smells for him to experience.   He wasn’t really impressed with the waves at first because he got soaked from a wave that turned out to be bigger than we thought.   After a while, he appeared comfortable to walk into the water as it ran up the beach but still kept an eye out for the bigger waves.   Here is a pic of Barney trying to get the absolute last lick out of a yoghurt container.   He loves yoghurt!!

 

Kasey finally picks up her new car tomorrow.  She has been impatient to get it and has been waiting over 3 weeks for it to be delivered and for a few things to get added to it.

I have a visit today from Sue Sutherland and her husband Lewis.   Sue & I were in High School together and we got back in contact with each other thru Facebook.   She & Lewis were here from Rockhampton [QLD] for the Ulysses AGM and it was great to catch up again!   She is still the same Sue that I knew in High School 35 years ago!

Last weekend I was at the Gold Coast for my sister, Theresas’, 50th birthday party.   She and husband Col rented the penthouse of a 5 story apartment block on Tugun Beach.   It was an excellent location overlooking the beach but, unfortunately, the weather was not great!   My bro-in-law, Tony Shaw, brought his guitar along and we had a few beers/bundies/wines and sang and played out on the balcony.   At about 1115pm reception phones and asks us to please bring the music inside.   It is the first time the ‘kids’ [my bros, sisters and I!] had been together for a few years.  Mum came over from Beaudesert on the Saturday arvo and she had a good time also!

Thats about it for now.   I have a week left of my leave.   Not enough time to do everything I wanted to around the house!Sad smile

Anyway, hope you are all well!

Lurv

Jordy  Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...