Wednesday 21 May 2008

This is where it all started...........

My father was an avid photographer and this was his camera. I can vividly remember him lining up all the kids in different poses and then starting the lengthy process of getting the distance just right, calculating aperture settings and exposure time (by which time his subjects were getting very fidgetty!!). He used to develop and print his own photos. I remember many nights when he would set up his equipment in the house and we would have to go to bed early so we didnt accidentally turn on a light or open a door in the middle of the processing! He passed away in 1996, and Mum gave me the camera. It is still in excellent condition for its age, and I am sorely tempted to put another film thru it, but it is very difficult to get the Tri X film it requires. Kevin Sylvester lives on through his photos!! Thanks Dad!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up.

 Well it has been a couple of months since I posted a Blog article.   I don't have any Project or roll of film in particular to share wi...